OTCbid - 'Bitcoin goes to the moon' when Fed is forced to pause after rate hikes – billionaire crypto investor Novogratz
" (Kitco News) Despite markets gearing up for an aggressive Federal Reserve in the first half of this year, the U.S. central bank will likely have to pause once the U.S. economy slows. This is when Bitcoin will go "to the moon," said Galaxy Digital founder Mike Novogratz.
The comments were made during Bitcoin 2022 conference taking place in Miami.
Novogratz is expecting a 50-basis-point rate hike from the Fed soon as Chair Jerome Powell remains "very hawkish for a while" during his fight against four-decade high inflation. According to the CME FedWatch Tool, market participants see a 76.6% chance of a half-a-point hike at the May meeting.
Many, including Goldman Sachs, are also projecting another 50-basis-point hike at the June meeting.
"We now forecast 50bp hikes at both the May and June meetings, followed by 25bp hikes at the four remaining meetings in the back half of 2022 and three quarterly hikes in 2023Q1-Q3," Goldman economists said in March.
This is quite an aggressive stance, especially with Powell indicating that the U.S. economy could handle tighter monetary policy. However, the big fear markets have is how much the U.S. economy will suffer as the Fed raises rates.
80K-400K+ BTC SELLER IN ZURICH
-7% Gross, -4% Net, L2L, F2F (UBS Bank London/Zurich)
Buyer Mandates Only
NEW: 80K-400K BTC with R&E @ -7% Gross, -4% Net, L2L, F2F (UBS Bank London/Zurich) - Look For Buyer
(Seller ; PFRE...WER-TELE)
Seller is selling 80K-400K+ BTC @ -7% gross, -4% net
Buyer = 4%
Buyerside = 1%
Sellerside = 1%
Facilitators = 1%
1. Buyer and seller will sign this agreement
2. The Buyer guarantees the availability of euro to cover the amount required to pay for the BTC with a proof of funds (POF). POF Attached (Exhibit A).
3. The Seller guarantees the availability of BTC through BTC portfolio up to 60,000 BTC with a proof of coins (POC). POC Attached (Exhibit B).
4. During the Tabletop meeting the Buyer will make the relative SWIFT transfer to Sellers Bank via Ledger to Ledger Transfer within UBS Bank. Upon Initiation of payment, the Seller will transfer the BTC equivalent amount in exchange for the first tranche of _____ Bitcoins at the market price less -7%, divided as for clause 1 of this contract.
5. The Buyer will provide the Seller with copies of the Ledger Transfer and relative TRN to verify in the banks system.
6. Upon Initiation of payment to the Seller’s UBS account the Seller shall transfer Bitcoin to the buyer's wallet for the amount indicated in the Ledger to Ledger transfer instructions via Blockchain at the net discount rate of the day. BTC transfer must be made Immediately after receiving the transfer confirmation. At which point a remittance copy of each BTC transaction will be shared to the paymasters of the consultants and seller representatives per the separate signed IMFPA linked to this agreement.
7. After the Buyer has received the BTC in his designated wallets after the Six (6) Blockchain confirmations, and the Seller receives the appropriate euro currency equivalent minus -4% Net Discount for each tranche BTC, the Seller will ensure 3% in commissions are immediately paid out to the consultants listed within the Irrevocable Master Fee Protection Agreement; IMFPA No.
8. The subsequent tranches are carried out according to the scheme of tranche “Annex A”, (in accordance with clauses from point 4 to point 7 of the Operating Procedure), until the overall volume of the contract has been exhausted.
9. Upon completion of the transaction, both parties sign the liquidation statement
BUYER MANDATE ONLY
Interested parties should contact :